As a multidisciplinary, international ensemble, Snowapple stands out from the crowd. By combining theatre with musical influences as diverse as pop, folk, opera and experimental cumbia, the group brings a unique sound to auditoriums and festivals. The wide range of musical instruments, props and costumes that the band deploys on stage makes each show a feast for the eyes – and a treat for the ears.
Snowapple specialises in quirky, philosophical songs with a social conscience: expect songs dealing with serious subjects, such as violence against women in Mexico, alternated with light, summery tunes whose Mexican sound gets the audience dancing.
For the past six years, under the leadership of artistic director Laurien Schreuder, the company has toured the world, recording and releasing several albums along the way.
Snowapple on Jardin Rouge
Snowapple will perform new material every day, during the opening ceremony.
- Friday the 6th Snowapple will perform Mr Moon, a surrealist comedy written by French theatre director Eva Schumacher, with songs by: Snowapple.
- Saturday the 7th they will be performing new songs.
Together with special guests Matteo Cerboncini on guitar, Nicola Bruno on bass and Alan ‘Gunga’ Purves on drums and percussion.
- Sunday the 8th Snowapple will perform as an all female trio, songs from the good old days.
– “Inundated with rich, lush melodies and bizarre but beautiful chord changes.” – Vic Galloway, BBC Radio 1
– “Enchanting, twisted and wonderfully inventive” Rock N Reel
– “Theatrical and dreamlike” Americana-UK
– “Magical sound and outfits to die for!” House Of Coco
– “Bijzonder hoe de dames van Snowapple een land kunnen vangen in 32 minuten. Je krijgt de sfeer volledig mee en wordt er gewoon hartstikke vrolijk van. Dat verdient een fors applaus” OOR